New Jersey Cannabis Labeling Laws
Updated June 22, 2020
Act 241 SLH 2015 – Section 11. Advertising and packaging.
(a) The department shall establish standards regarding the advertising and packaging of marijuana and manufactured marijuana products; provided that the standards, at a minimum, shall require the use of packaging that:
- Is child-resistant and opaque so that the product cannot be seen from outside the packaging;
- Uses only black lettering on a white background with no pictures or graphics;
- Is clearly labeled with the phrase “For medical use only”;
- Is clearly labeled with the phrase ” N o t for resale or transfer to another person”;
- Includes instructions for use and “use by date”;
- Contains information a b o u t the contents and potency of the product;
- Includes the name of the production center where marijuana in the product was produced, including the batch number and date of packaging;
- Includes a barcode generated by tracking software; and in t h e case of a manufactured marijuana product, a listing of the equivalent physical weight of t h e marijuana used to manufacture the amount of the product that is within t h e packaging, pursuant to section
DISCLAIMER: The contents of the Multifeeder Technology website regulatory pages are intended to convey general information only. The information herein should not be relied upon for legal advice on state marijuana laws. We provide links to state cannabis regulatory sites; we do not vouch for or assume any responsibility for the content, accuracy or completeness of material presented in linked sites. The information presented on these pages may not reflect the most current legal developments in the marijuana industry. We disclaim all liability in respect to actions taken or not taken based on any or all of the contents of this site to the fullest extent permitted by law.