Create a better quality of life through innovation and automation
MFT Automation is a fast-growing global company that creates Total Automation Solutions with our world-class Feeders, Labelers, and Integrated Systems. We have a strong work ethic to serve our industries in the Pharmaceutical, Food, and Print/Packaging areas with quality products that are flexible for multiple applications, and provide efficiency, safety and security. With state-of-the-art machinery, we enable our customers to be more efficient and increase ROI. Our customers value our knowledge and superior technology.
Become a part of the MFT Automation Team
At MFT Automation, you are part of a team, and we offer a great deal of variety with an excellent work environment, fun work culture, great career growth potential, and competitive salary with benefits. If you are highly motivated and looking for a fast-paced professional working environment, MFT is the place to work.
If you have experience in Sales, Engineering, Integration, or Assembly, we’d love to hear from you.
Send your resume and cover letter in the “Submit Your Application Here” area, or at firstname.lastname@example.org, or to the address below:
Attn: Human Resources Manager
4821 White Bear Parkway
White Bear Lake, MN 55110, USA
We have openings, check it out!
Submit your application online below:
Senior Embedded Hardware Design Engineer
MFT Automation manufactures friction feeding equipment and integrated systems for the packaging, print, and pharmaceutical industries. We currently have an opening for a Senior Embedded Hardware Design Engineer.
- Circuit board design specification and project management
- Mixed-signal hardware design on new and existing PCBs
- Electronic component specification
- Schematic Capture
- Printed circuit board layout
- Communication with sales, production, and mechanical departments
- Give work direction to and work with electrical technicians
- Component-level troubleshooting of circuit boards
- Creation of installation, assembly, and test procedures
- Design and fabrication of test fixtures
- Maintain and improve consistency of schematic and layout parts libraries
- Assist with testing machines to CE standards
Education/Qualifications: BSEE or similar degree with 5+ years’ experience designing embedded hardware
- Experience with ARM microcontrollers & FPGAs
- Experience with CAN, USB, & Ethernet communication
- Experience with OrCAD or other schematic capture
- Experience with PCB Layout
- Experience with brushless motor drive design
- Experience with EMC/EMI, ESD, and safety certification
- Ability to solder PCBs and cabling
- Familiarity with hand and power tools
- Ability to use oscilloscopes and multimeters
- Ability to take work direction from multiple sources
- Ability to work independently and manage your own time
- Ability to communicate with other departments
- Ability to multi-task between projects
- Ability to apply math and physics
- Technical writing ability
- Diagnostic and troubleshooting skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
We offer an excellent work environment, great career growth potential, and competitive salary and benefits.
SUMMARY: This role of Integration Engineer will have you leveraging your Mechanical Engineering skills to integrate, validate, automation equipment into complex systems based on engineering drawings and Work Orders. This position does consist of some domestic & global travel to customer sites for the installation & service of MFT products. This position requires professional customer facing communication skills, on site effectiveness, schedule flexibility, the ability to train others, high level electromechanical problem solving, diagnostic, and analytical skills.
RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties or tasks may be assigned as required. Management may modify, change or add to the duties of this description at any time without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Participate in work to integrate standard equipment and 3rd party hardware into complex systems based on engineering drawings. This often requires managing work time on multiple projects as assigned allowing for upstream engineering, machining, procurement, and any production changes to minimize delays.
- Test and Troubleshoot components and system performance with customer product.
- Design, model, and draw up parts for system modifications or work with a design engineer to design, model, and draw up parts.
- Participate in kick-off project review meetings and contribute to provide accurate work time estimates based on available information as well as previous experience with similar projects.
- Expedite internal processes that jeopardize delivery timing and escalate to Management as needed.
- Collect / Produce final quality data proving customer process & product is Verified & Validated.
- Close assigned integration projects on time.
- Document Issues, report, and escalate in real time.
- Document all validation processes both through video and provided templates.
- Identify Risks and report to Project Manager & other stakeholders proactively.
- Collaborate in Continuous Improvements
- Participate in documentation of changes to customer projects providing reference for service concerns or in order to enhance future system builds and minimize warranty liability.
- Installation, field service, and customer training
- Apply technical skills to install and run equipment at a customer’s site.
- Support site qualification following successful factory qualification.
- Help to train customer on system after site qualification.
- Provide technical assistance remotely to customers through email, video conferencing, and phone support.
- Overcome difficulties and solve problems on site using analytical and diagnostics skills.
- Maintain a professional demeanor in front of customer at all times.
- Document work complete, issues found, or customer suggestions onsite and share with customer and Integration management.
- Document all testing done on equipment during Internal Product Validation phase.
- Create and maintain documentation of changes to customer projects providing reference for service concerns or in order to enhance future system builds.
- Domestic and international travel of 10-25% overall.
- Flexible schedule to allow increasing trip duration as needed to complete installation, field service, and customer training.
- Make all necessary travel arrangements for self.
- Prepare for each trip to ensure success (tools, parts, travel details, equipment knowledge, etc.).
- Track and report all service activities via scheduling software.
- Abide by all Core Values and company policies.
Education and/or Experience:
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Excellent electro-mechanical diagnostic, analytics, and troubleshooting.
- Ability to properly utilize hand, electric, and pneumatic tooling in a safe and effective manner.
- 4 year Engineering degree or 2 year technical degree preferred.
- Ability to fasten pneumatic and hydraulic lines, electrical fixtures, and attachments required to integrate accessories to larger system.
- 0-3 years of field service and training experience.
- 0-1 years of planning and documentation experience.
- Must also possess a valid Driver’s license and passport.
|JOB TITLE: Applications Engineer||WORK CATEGORY||Full Time Salary|
|DEPARTMENT: Sales & Marketing||SCHEDULE:||40 hrs/week|
|REPORTS TO: Sales Manager|
SUMMARY: Your position of Applications Engineer has the primary responsibility of being the technical bridge between customers and the MFT Sales team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties or tasks may be assigned as required. Management may modify, change or add to the duties of this description at any time without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Supports Sales Team Members on various sales initiatives, including customer relationship management when applicable. The goal is to internally keep up with proactive communication and organized documentation from the stages between accepted Formal Quotation to Purchase Order to Work Order.
- Remain technical point of contact for customers through acceptance of machine.
- Specific sales initiatives to include:
- Helps refine technical scope of projects with customers and creates technical content on quotes.
- Helps to maintain Sales content in the Work Order.
- Crafts the Work Order and participates in the Work Order kickoff.
- Assists with Customer Visit demonstrations, which includes machine and product sample set-up.
- Liaison between Engineering and Sales on layout drawings and questions.
- Performs technical review on all new or updated reference guides, manuals, set-up guides/videos, and sell sheets.
- Validates equipment prior to tradeshow; may also help in the tradeshow booth.
- Point contact for Integration Lead on Factory Acceptance Tests.
- Up to 10% Travel for tradeshows or customer visits
- Seeks out opportunities to contribute to the business success through proactive involvement in team initiatives.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to do so. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- This position requires an Associate’s degree (preferably in Electronics engineering) from an accredited institution or military experience. Also 2+ years of equivalent experience related to Sales, Marketing, and/or Product Development with progressive responsibility.
- Must demonstrate an aptitude and desire to gain market and service knowledge and also demonstrate the ability to learn product knowledge.
- Key competencies include:
- Must be ambitious, a self-starter, goal oriented, and take initiative to achieve objectives.
- Must use an effective and approachable communication style to engage others and build credibility and rapport.
- Must be able to work well in a team setting and collaborate with others effectively.
- Credible problem-solving skills are of paramount importance.
- Experience with CRM, E-drawing and Microsoft 365 are a plus.
CONFIDENTIALITY REQUIREMENTS: This position requires the individual to have access to confidential records and information. To successfully perform this position, confidentiality of the information with which the individual has contact must be maintained.