Connecticut Cannabis Labeling Laws
(a) Prior to delivery or sale at a dispensary, medical cannabis products shall be labeled and in a tamper-evident package. Labels and packages of medical cannabis products shall meet the following requirements:
- (1) Medical cannabis packages and labels shall not be made to be attractive to children.
- (2) All medical cannabis product labels shall include the following information, prominently displayed and in a clear and legible font:
- (A) Manufacture date and source.
- (B) The statement “SCHEDULE I CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE.”
- (C) The statement “KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN AND ANIMALS” in bold print.
- (D) The statement “FOR MEDICAL USE ONLY.”
- (E) The statement “THE INTOXICATING EFFECTS OF THIS PRODUCT MAY BE DELAYED BY UP TO TWO HOURS.”
- (F) The statement “THIS PRODUCT MAY IMPAIR THE ABILITY TO DRIVE OR OPERATE MACHINERY. PLEASE USE EXTREME CAUTION.”
- (G) For packages containing only dried flower, the net weight of medical cannabis in the package.
- (H) A warning if nuts or other known allergens are used.
- (I) List of pharmacologically active ingredients, including, but not limited to, tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), cannabidiol (CBD), and other cannabinoid content, the THC and other cannabinoid amount in milligrams per serving, servings per package, and the THC and other cannabinoid amount in milligrams for the package total.
- (J) Clear indication, in bold type, that the product contains medical cannabis.
- (K) Identification of the source and date of cultivation and manufacture.
- (L) Any other requirement set by the bureau.
- (M) Information associated with the unique identifier issued by the Department of Food and Agriculture pursuant to Section 11362.777 of the Health and Safety Code.
- (b) Only generic food names may be used to describe edible medical cannabis products.
DISCLAIMER: The contents of the Multifeeder Technology website regulatory pages are intended to convey general information only. The information herein should not be relied upon for legal advice on state marijuana laws. We provide links to state cannabis regulatory sites; we do not vouch for or assume any responsibility for the content, accuracy or completeness of material presented in linked sites. The information presented on these pages may not reflect the most current legal developments in the marijuana industry. We disclaim all liability in respect to actions taken or not taken based on any or all of the contents of this site to the fullest extent permitted by law.